Willow Weighted Blanket
Our beautiful Willow Weighted Blanket molds to your body like a gentle hug, relaxes the nervous system, and helps to alleviate stress and anxiety. This means a calmer mind, deeper sleep and natural healing.
It is made of premium cotton chosen for its softness, breathability, and durability. The blanket doesn’t trap heat, so it’s cool enough to use year-round in all climates. And due to our fine glass micro-beads and unique double-quilted stitch pattern, the weight conforms to your body while remaining evenly distributed. Perfect for kids and adults.
DETAILS & CARE
- Weighted blanket is available in two sizes: twin/throw size--42" x 72" with 12 pounds of glass beads or Queen/Full size--60" x 80" with 15 pounds of glass beads
- Made of quality white 100% natural, cool cotton fabric for outer layer, with non-toxic fine glass microbeads (lead-free) and a low profile polyester inner liner. Fabric is breathable for all climates.
- Blanket made by the amazing company--Baloo Living
- Oeko-Tex certified fabric--free of harmful chemicals
- Machine washable on cold, gentle cycle, tumble dry low
- Weighted blankets can be used with a duvet cover or not. Your preference. Sometimes it nice to have a cover because it's easy to wash and keep clean. See our listing for beautiful 100% linen duvets and pillow cases to complement this weighted blanket.
How weighted blankets work:
Weighted blankets are designed to apply a gentle, even weight to the body, simulating the effects of Deep Pressure Touch, or DPT. This has been shown to encourage the body’s neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, which work together to stimulate melatonin. The response is an all-natural, calming effect which soothes the nervous system and supports deeper, sounder sleep.
These effects have been studied and published in the journal-- Occupations Therapy in Mental Health and the Journal of Complementary Medicine.